Friday 6 January 2012

Pullman Train Mural

In July of 2010 I returned to England for seven months. By the end of July I was helping my father, Terry Smith, with a mural under the bridge at Brighton station. My father is a traditional signwriter by trade and had already done the majority of the work before my arrival. This included the Pullman train itself and the incredible glass roof of Brighton station. He needed help with the carriage windows however, particularly the people sitting inside.
It was great to be able to assist my father on something so grand - something which I hope will stand for a long time to come.
The link I have provided is the best photo I've found of the mural so far. I will endeavour to get more, including detailed pics of the windows themselves.
Enjoy!

http://twitpic.com/2jxm2o

No comments:

Post a Comment